Water containment problem can be solved alternatively from the traditional system of bituminous membrane, either in positive or negative pressure cases.
Waterproofing-System consist in an innovative low thickness waterproof of hedges, ponds, tanks, swimming pools, balconies drainages and terraces, using cement mortars, flexible by the addition of different nature lactic products or mono-component polyurethane adhesives.
The product used is a mono or bi-component mortar made up of cement binders, selected aggregates, special additives (comp. A) and synthetic aqueous polymers dispersions (comp. B). Mixing the two components together, an easily and workable dough is obtained; this can be applied both horizontally and vertically, with high adherence to all concrete and masonry surfaces. When it hardens completely, it forms a flexible and waterproof layer, resistant to external agents action and to the saline aggression of chlorides and sulfates.
- Concrete structures waterproofing, when they are subjected to chemical attack or used to contain water
- Roof waterproofing, also those subjected to deformation or vibration
- Retaining walls waterproofing and protection, either in concrete or masonry
- Cracked plasters (subjected to light infiltrations) skimming mortar for render
- Terrace and balcony waterproofing before ceramic and shower flooring, etc.
Waterproofing osmotic concrete with crystalline penetration
Edilsystem offers a brand new protective waterproofing crystalline concrete solution: a mono-component mixture of cement, fine quartz, active chemicals and catalysts. The product comes in powder form and, when mixed with water forms a slurry; it can be applied on dump surfaces by spray, scrubbing brush or paint brush, until saturation.
When applied on concrete, this solution allows the active chemicals and catalysts penetrate inside and react with its components to form insoluble crystals that close the porosity and micro-crackings.
The osmotic cement waterproofs and permanently protects in depth all concrete structures and materials.
The product penetrates into the concrete using water as a vehicle, either in positive or in negative thrust; in the absence of water no reaction takes place. Chemical components activate by contact with water, even long after the application, and the insoluble crystals formation and penetration process continues inside concrete.
This brand new system covers the entire thickness of the structure; if it is applied on a damp substrate or wet until saturation, it reacts with minerals present in the concrete and forms a crystalline complex that seals pores, capillary tracts and micro cracks up to a width of 400 micron.
- penetrates in depth in continuous presence of water (about 30 cm after 60 days of maturation) and seals
- capillary tracts, small holes and hairline cracks
- can be applied as a coating from the positive or negative side
- waterproofing and chemical protection remain even if the surface is damaged
- highly effective in the presence of very high hydrostatic pressures
- much more effective and convenient than membrane systems or bentonite panels
- risk-free application and low cost installation
- increases compressive strength of concrete
- does not come apart at the seams, tears or punctures
- does not require protection during backfilling or wire mesh setting before jet
- seals hairline and shrinkage cracks up to 0.4 mm
- permeable to vapor, allowing structure to remain dry
- Resistant to chemical attacks (PH3/PH11 continuous contact – PH2/PH12 intermittent contact); provides excellent resistance to freezing and thawing cycles, optimal protection to armor steel and also resistant to contaminated subsoil water, sea water, chlorides, sulfates and nitrates.
- Can be applied either in existing or in new concrete
- Protects concrete and its armor
- Is non-toxic
- Compatible with drinking water
- Does not require further maturation process (except in extreme conditions of high temperature and low humidity)
- Drinking water tanks;
- Tanks and treatment plants for waste water;
- Tunnels and galleries;
- Concrete beds and retaining walls;
- Underground parking;
- Industrial installations;
- Submerged works;
- Ports and docks;
- Dams and dikes;
Protech Balcony is a concentrated single component solution made out of silicone-based resins and organic polymers catalyzed in solvent, with low viscosity, conveyed in non-polar solvents that determine its penetration. For direct application on tiled terraces, balconies and external stairs, after appropriate preparation, it creates an inner and diffuse waterproof barrier, non-pellicular, highly water repellent, and penetrates and seals porosity and fissures without inhibiting water vapor breathability.
Protech Balcony has caused a revolution in terraces and balconies waterproofing. It is extremely quick to apply and practical because the flooring treated will be usable after few hours of laying.
The tiled surface to be waterproofed should be clean in depth
Dilute the specific acid detergent Azichem DETERG-A in water, based on the nature and size of the incrustation present at the surface to be treated (usual ratio is 1 part of product in 4-5 parts of water). Spread the solution over the entire surface with a scrubbing brush or a “water squeegee”. Leave on for 15 minutes. Wash the foam produced by the acid reaction with copious amounts of water.
Expansion joints preparation
Mark with adhesive tape the space to be confined, suitable for the elastic seal and in correspondence with expansion joints (generally between tiles and natural stone perimeter or between tiled floor portions).
Sealing of expansion joints
Sealing of expansion joints, prepared based on previous indication, with PROTECH FLEX (AZICHEM), a specific polyurethane sealant in extrudable cartridge.
Bi-component waterproof plaster preparation
The cleaning and preparing operations previously described, reveals superficial irregularities of tiled flooring as cracks or damaged plaster, etc. These mentioned irregularities shall be filled with waterproofing cement STUCCO BALCONY (AZICHEM). Add the quantity of component A (powder) required to obtain the desired consistency to component B (liquid); mix thoroughly until a homogeneous lump-free mixture is obtained.
Waterproof specific bi-component cement application
Place on site STUCCO BALCONY, using a steel trowel or by hand (wearing gloves), taking care of doing a correct application of the products (next to doors and windows skirting boards where we usually find porosity, cracks and discontinuities).
Add the non-pellicular, transparent and waterproofing solution
The specifications referred to in the above and following paragraphs shall be done after hardening of the product previously described. Proceed with the application of PROTECH BALCONY-AZICHEM, (silicone-based resins and organic polymers, with low viscosity, conveyed in non-polar solvents waterproofing concentrate), by pouring it on the entire surface to be waterproofed. Do not apply the product in anticipation of rain because it could affect the penetrating and waterproofing effect.
Spreading of the waterproofing, transparent, non-pellicular solution
Once PROTECH BALCONY is poured, it will be spread on the entire surface with a brush or a liquid-laying brush. Let the product react for at least 60’ (essential for the correct reaction and cross-linking of the product) before testing the surface flooding.
The consumption of PROTECH BALCONY is on average about 200/300 g/m2, varying according to the absorption of the surface (tiles, conglomerates, etc.)
Warnings when spreading waterproofing, transparent, non-pellicular solution
Set PROTECH BALCONY with all due care in less accessible and more uncomfortable areas, by using a brush with long bristles, especially in joints and skirting boards.
End of application of waterproofing, transparent, non-pellicular solution
Once the intervention is completed, any residual traces of PROTECH BALCONY, eventually whitish colored, can be removed with a cloth impregnated with gasoline or nitro solvent. This is caused by product accumulated in in cavities of the pavement or by the excess of the quantity applied.
Transparent non-pellicular waterproofing, completed
This is the typical aspect of a tiled surface protected with PROTECH BALCONY, after the rain: water runs easily off surface with a “mercury ball effect”, thanks to the wetting angle provided by PROTECH BALCONY and to water molecular cohesion forces.